Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Just a thought...

“Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!”

This quote from Samuel Adams is probably one of my favorites. It is very to the point. If you want the government to do everything for you. Run your business, provide you health care, take and spend your money, then by all means, continue to live as you will. I for one will do whatever it takes to keep what is mine. My right to work and earn my keep, to provide for me and my family, to actually live my life.

If you wish to call yourself an American, then I dare to stand up, take off those chains, and LIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment